The St. Louis Surge is currently seeking a self-motivated, well-spoken, and creative Communications/PR Intern. You must be a team player capable of multi-tasking in fast pace environment. Excellent communication skills with a friendly and professional style are a must. We are looking for candidates who work hard and strive to be the best. We are currently accepting internship applications for the 2024 Summer. We encourage summer applicants to continue through Playoffs – August 2024. Interns will be required to work approximately 25 hours/week (flexible schedule).
- Develop PR campaigns, through general media, branding, and special events
- Assist marketing and design team in developing communications and messaging for the St. Louis Surge
- Create press releases, public announcements, and media kits
- Develop and leverage media contacts to create distribution to ensure reach to the target audience
- Track campaign effectiveness to ensure an overall shift in perceptions and engagement
- Write news articles and blogs about the St. Louis Surge and post to team website
- Identify the target audience and grow the existing database
- Help build the St. Louis Surge Women’s Basketball Team’s Social Media presence online (managing such sites, but not limited to, like Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and other social media outlets)
- Assist, attend and coordinate all home games and special events (planning, set-up, other duties as assigned, etc.) with the Operations Manager and Owner
- Stay up-to-date on the latest developments in communication/PR strategies, social media, and online communities
- Identify new PR and communication opportunities and consult on existing marketing strategies
- Must have or be actively pursuing an undergraduate degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing or a similar field
- Skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Skills in Adobe Creative Suite and Word Press or other web development is a plus
- Excellent Written and Oral Communication Skills. Understanding of AP format and style.
- Must possess knowledge and competence within the latest Social Media
- Able to take responsibility and manage projects alone
- 100% professional, flexible, self-starter, and reliable
- Creative and used to out-of-the-box-thinking, fun-loving, and willing to go the extra mile
- Ability to work flexible hours, some nights and weekends for events
- Understand that the St. Louis Surge is a growing organization and is willing to put in extra time to complete tasks on time
- College student; academic credit available
All internships are unpaid
How to apply: If interested, please email your resume, cover letter, and at least two writing samples to Nina Rodriguez at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Communications/PR Internship”.