THIS INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY IS CURRENTLY CLOSED FOR THE 2023 SUMMER. WILL REOPEN IN OCTOBER 2023.
Interested in being a part of one of the top women’s basketball programs in the nation? The St. Louis Surge is currently seeking a qualified candidate to work as a Team Manager Intern during the Summer of 2023. We encourage applicants to continue through our 2023 season until mid-August. Interns will be required to work approximately 25 hours/week (flexible schedule).
- Bring the necessary equipment to practice/games
- Sweep floor before every practice — may have to wet mop as floor continues to worsen
- Score clock and the shot clock
- Assist with pre-practice and pre-game drills — rebound, encourage, etc.
- Assist with arranging and maintaining travel itinerary
- Always have extra ball ready
- Always have towels ready for wet spots on the floor (especially after the player falls)
- Be prepared to keep stats/video games and practices upon request
- You will be responsible for washing/drying the gear on the weekends if no one in the service area is available — if you need assistance with this, communicate with a coach
- Other duties as assigned by Operations Manager and Head Coach
- Must be actively pursuing an undergraduate degree in Sports Management or any degree in sports
- Must be able to attend all home games
- Ability to work with coaches and players and maintain professional relationships
- Able to take responsibility and manage projects alone
- 100% professional, smart, flexible, and reliable
- Creative and used to out-of-the-box-thinking, fun-loving, and willing to go the extra mile
- Ability to work flexible hours, some nights and weekends for events
- Understand that the St. Louis Surge is a growing organization and is willing to put in extra time to complete tasks on time
- College student; must receive academic credit
All internships are unpaid
How to apply: If interested, please email your resume and cover letter to Nina Rodriguez at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Team Manager Internship”.