The Surge is seeking a local Graphic Design intern for the 2022 season. The intern will develop and design print and digital projects for all Surge properties such as print ads, promotional items, web graphics/ads, sponsorship presentations, and more. Our internship program is designed to provide interns with hands-on skills and experiences that can be readily applied to future challenges and professional pursuits. We are accepting applications for Spring and/or Summer of 2022. Interns will be required to work approximately 25 hours/week (flexible schedule).
- Designing print and digital materials for all Surge properties
- Participating in brainstorming sessions and brand development
- Setting up prepress and occasional print production operation
- Collaborating with the design and communications/marketing teams to develop Surge image to create print and digital promotional content
- Clearly share timeline and expectations in conjunction with the completion of all creative needs
- We work in a fast-paced, breaking news environment, responsible for producing materials in a timely manner.
- Other projects/duties as assigned by Creative Production Manager & Operations Manager
- College student; must receive academic credit
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- PowerPoint knowledge is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Great problem-solving skills
- Adhere to deadlines
- Understand that the St. Louis Surge is a growing organization and is willing to put in extra time to complete tasks on time.
All internships are unpaid
How to apply: If interested, please email your resume, cover letter, and a link to your portfolio/sample of work to Nina Rodriguez at email@example.com with the subject line “Graphic Design Internship”.