The Surge is seeking a local Graphic Design intern for the 2020 basketball season. The intern will develop and design print and digital projects for all Surge properties such as print ads, promotional items, web graphics/ads, sponsorship presentations and more. Our internship program is designed to provide interns with hands-on skills and experiences that can be readily applied to future challenges and professional pursuits. We are accepting applications for Spring and/or summer of 2020. We encourage summer applicants to continue through our 2020 through playoffs.
- Designing print and digital materials for all Surge properties
- Participating in brainstorming sessions and brand development
- Setting up prepress and occasional print production operation
- We work in a fast-paced, breaking news environment, responsible for producing materials in a timely manner.
- College student; must receive academic credit
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- PowerPoint knowledge is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Great problem-solving skills
- Adhere to deadlines
- Understand that the St. Louis Surge is a growing organization and is willing to put in extra time to complete tasks on time
NOTE: Please include a link to an example of work along with resume/cover letter
All internships are unpaid
How to apply: Interns will be required to work approximately 20-25 hours (flexible schedule). If interested, please email your resume, cover letter and at least two samples to email@example.com with the subject line “Graphic Design Internship”.