Graphic Design Artist Internship
The Surge is seeking a local Graphic Design intern for the 2019 basketball season. The intern will develop and design print and digital projects for all Surge properties such as print ads, promotional items, web graphics/ads, sponsorship presentations and more. Our internship program is designed to provide interns with hands on skills and experiences that can be readily apply to future challenges and professional pursuits. We are accepting applications for Spring and/or summer of 2018. We encourage summer applicants to continue through our 2019 season until the 2019 National Tournament.
- Designing of print and digital materials for all Surge properties
- Participating in brainstorming sessions and brand development
- Setting up prepress and occasional print production operation
- We work in a fast paced, breaking news environment, responsible for producing materials in a timely manner.
- College student; must receive academic credit
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- PowerPoint knowledge is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Great problem-solving skills
- Adhere to deadlines
- Understand that the St. Louis Surge is a growing organization and is willing to put in extra time to complete tasks on time
NOTE: Please include link to example of work along with resume/cover letter
All internships are unpaid
How to apply: Interns will be required to work approximately 20-25 hours (flexible schedule). If interested, please email your resume, cover letter and at least two samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Graphic Design Internship”.