Passionate about sports and motivated to work in the sports industry? Looking to combine your knowledge of and interest in sports with your graphics and video editing skills? The Surge is seeking a Video Production intern to create and develop video projects, and assist with the technical game-day operations. We are accepting applications for Spring and/or summer of 2020. We encourage summer applicants to continue through our 2020 season.
- Effectively deploy audio and video cabling and equipment for a timely and flawless execution of any event requiring technical services
- Operate any and all technical video and audio equipment needed
- Set up, install, maintain and manage all portable multimedia equipment
- Perform routine maintenance of AV equipment.
- Operation of audio and sound system technology for events.
- Prepare, set and test all AV equipment ahead of events start time to ensure all proper functionality
- Video production and editing (YouTube, website, etc)
- Ability to tell a story through video
- Assist in logging and organizing video footage
- Assist with the development and fulfillment of in-game entertainment elements
- Assist with Archiving Footage
- Other Audio/Video duties as assigned
- We work in a fast-paced, breaking news environment, responsible for editing footage in a timely manner
- College student; must receive academic credit
- Working knowledge of audio systems, portable audio setups, PC and Mac operating systems, video cameras, and wireless microphones.
- Familiar with cable pulling and cable management.
- Good communication, time management, project management, and organizational skills a must.
- Attention to detail and experience working in a team-oriented environment required.
- Able to troubleshoot technical issues.
- Possess a strong technical background
- Possess a “self-starter”, entrepreneurial personality
- Technical knowledge of the following are a major plus: Microsoft Word & Excel, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Premiere Pro, General Production Equipment (Audio Equipment, Production Lights, Backdrops, etc.)
NOTE: Please include a link to an example of work/reel along with resume/cover letter
All internships are unpaid
How to apply: Interns will be required to work approximately 20-25 hours (flexible schedule). If interested, please email your resume, cover letter and at least two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Video Production Internship”.