Washington University in St. Louis’ Athletic Complex is the home of the St. Louis Surge Women’s Basketball Team
The St. Louis Surge is making Washington University in St. Louis its new home. The team will play all of their home games in WashU’s newly renovated Field House, located in the Athletic Complex. Directions to the arena and parking deck can be FOUND HERE.
After a major renovation of athletic facilities 32 years ago, the Washington University Field House is considered one of the finest small college basketball facilities in the nation. The Field House is home to the WashU volleyball, women’s basketball and men’s basketball teams.
“We are excited about partnering with the St. Louis Surge,” said WashU Interim Director of Athletics Chris Peacock. “This is a great opportunity to broaden our relationship with the St. Louis community while serving as a host to the Surge and their fans.”
The Surge is scheduled to host all home games as they enter their 8th season in the summer of 2019. “We look forward and are excited to continue our 2019 season in partnership with Washington University and to continuing the momentum following our national championship run,” said Khalia Collier, owner and general manager, St. Louis Surge. “The WashU Field House is the perfect venue our organization to showcase Surge basketball!”
- Seating over 3,000 fans and has a floor size of 17,250 square feet
- Washington University Field House is considered one of the finest small college facilities in the nation
- Home to the Lopata Basketball Classic and the McWilliams Classic – two of the most prestigious basketball tournaments in the nation
- Hosted the first Presidential debate of the 1992 campaign, the final debate of the 2000 Presidential campaign, the second debate of the 2004 Presidential campaign, 2008 Vice Presidential debate, and the second Presidential debate in 2016
- Washington University also hosted the 2010 and 2011 NCAA Division III Volleyball Championships